Monday 16 June 2008

A simple green bean salad


Nothing fancy, this, just a straightforward side dish. I cooked some fine green beans and sugar snap peas in boiling water for four minutes, until cooked but with just a little bite left to them, and rinsed them in cold water straight away. I added a simple dressing of one part red wine vinegar to three parts olive oil, and a handful of very finely chopped red onion (I would have gone for shallots, but I didn't have any in). Piled onto a plate for people to help themselves to, we ate them alongside a roast leg of lamb, but they would go beautifully with cold roast chicken or a nice piece of grilled fish.

1 comment:

Eleanor Blair said...

The other Jamie just posted a link to your blog on irc, and I have to say I'm very impressed, it all looks very tasty!

I hope you don't mind if I subscribe to your feed (via livejournal).

Eleanor (aka lnr)