Monday 16 June 2008

Baked Camembert


Not really a full post, more a quick sharing of a good idea. The other day we had a Camembert which, it transpired, wasn't quite ripe enough for eating. This is not as much of a problem as you may think. Place your cheese in an oven proof dish which it snugly fits in, stabbing some holes in the top with a little knife. Stick a few sprigs of your herb of choice into the holes (I thoroughly recommended thyme, though rosemary can be almost as good) and shove it in an oven pre-heated to 180C for 10-15 minutes. Dig in with some crusty bread, a few cornichons on the side, and maybe a cold beer close to hand. A great snack for two, a ridiculously unhealthy dinner for one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had this in Cafe Rouge the other day. I think a better name for the dish would be 'cheese soup' :D

Anonymous said...

1) I have a problem with the lack of garlic in your recipe.

2) You can substitude the oven-proof dish for the little wooden box camembert usually comes in.

Jamie said...

1) I don't really like it with garlic, but I take your point.

2) Yes you can, and it saves washing up.